The British supermodel made headlines in 2019 when she shared her meticulous pre-flight sanitization ritual of “anything that you could possibly touch” in a plane seat last year. And in March, she shared images of herself wearing a hazmat suit, goggles and mask as she boarded a flight from Los Angeles to her home in New York. She captioned the post “Safety First NEXT LEVEL.”
At the time, more than 110,000 people globally had been infected with the virus.
Over the weekend, with a case count topping 4.5 million around the world, Campbell upped her game again, as seen in an image shot onboard an aircraft. This time, she added a protective face shield to her kit:
In a video on her YouTube channel, Campbell explained her reasoning.
“In all honesty, this is not a funny time. It’s not a humorous time. I’m not doing this for laughs,” she said. “This is how I feel comfortable traveling. If I have to travel. I’m trying to keep it at a minimum. If I do have to go, I’m going like this.”
Campbell’s hyper-vigilant flight routine, which she’s been doing for the better part of 20 years, has received flak in the past.
“Now, I’m not ridiculous,” Campbell said in the footage.
It’s unclear where she was traveling to in her most recent post, however, Campbell told People in March that she was considering going back to London.
- Stay up to date with our live blog as we cover the COVID-19 pandemic
- 7 essential pieces of relationship advice for couples in quarantine
- What you need to know about face masks right now
- How to tell if you need to start doing online therapy
- Lost your job due to coronavirus? Here’s what you need to know.
- Parenting during the coronavirus crisis?
- The HuffPost guide to working from home
- What coronavirus questions are on your mind right now? We want to help you find answers.
Everyone deserves accurate information about COVID-19. Support journalism without a paywall — and keep it free for everyone — by becoming a HuffPost member today.