Trump rates his handling of the crisis as a “10,” boasts about the high TV ratings of daily coronavirus task force briefings and claims to have been “right a lot” in the video ― titled “Dystopia” ― that the anti-Trump Lincoln Project released online Tuesday.
Check it out here:
“Americans need a president upon whom they can rely on for factual information regarding the state of the nation,” the group captioned the 30-second clip. It called out Trump for delivering daily doses of “dangerous and ill-informed nonsense.”
Trump last week pondered injecting disinfectant as a possible cure for COVID-19, the disease caused by the virus. He later claimed he was just being sarcastic.
Lincoln Project founder George Conway, who is married to White House counselor Kellyanne Conway, has since helped the mocking nickname “President Pine-Sol” trend worldwide on Twitter:
- Stay up to date with our live blog as we cover the COVID-19 pandemic
- What happens if we end social distancing too soon?
- What you need to know about face masks right now
- How long are asymptomatic carriers contagious?
- Lost your job due to coronavirus? Here’s what you need to know.
- Everything you need to know about coronavirus and grief
- Parenting during the coronavirus crisis?
- The HuffPost guide to working from home
- What coronavirus questions are on your mind right now? We want to help you find answers.
Everyone deserves accurate information about COVID-19. Support journalism without a paywall — and keep it free for everyone — by becoming a HuffPost member today.